8 Essential COVID-19 website updates
COVID-19 has introduced ongoing disruptions throughout New Zealand communities, with more change coming each day. But, while there’s a lot going on (!), it’s important to keep your clients, customers, staff and suppliers updated.
Regardless of how you’ve been impacted by COVID-19, you can keep communications flowing, even if it’s just to offer some peace of mind.
To help keep you on top of your business, here’s a short checklist of 8 website items to review, during COVID-19.
- Update your operating hours on your website
- Update all contact details on your website
Tip: Don’t forget to update your Google My Business listing too.
- Update your website content to match any business change, so that your website is still accurate, and helpful.
- Add any virtual services that you now offer, to the services section of your website. And, temporarily hide (or update the content of) any services that are currently unavailable.
- Add a new page or blog post to your website elaborating on how your business has been impacted, or adjusted to continue operating.
Tip: You can add a COVID-19 item to your main menu, linking to the new page or post, so that this information stands out.
- Enable your website to sell product online, if it currently does not, to help move stock, and contribute towards cash flow.
- Consider enabling drop shipping on your online shop, as your suppliers may be impacted differently to you.
- Add virtual gift vouchers to your online shop to sell now as gifts.
If you need a hand applying any of the above changes, please reach out so that we can help.
Tip: If you found this useful, you can get our latest ideas delivered direct to your inbox, for free, right here.